The Lexeri Office Add-in allowed you to check your texts for correct terminology in Microsoft Word directly during the writing process.
Now the Office add-in offers the same support for Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint as well. If you have already installed the add-in for Word, it will now be shown also in Excel and PowerPoint. In the event you have not installed it yet, below you will find a brief guide to installation and use.
Installation via the Office Store
You can find the Office Add-In in the official Microsoft Office Store. The store can be accessed directly in Word, PowerPoint or Excel:
- First switch to the ‘Insert’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Add-Ins’ button and then on ‘My Add-Ins’.
- Then a new window opens in which you click on the tab ‘Store’.
- Once you have accessed the store, you will be show all add-ins for the respective Microsoft application.
- Search for ‘Lexeri’
- Click on the blue ‘Add’ button next to the entry for the Lexeri add-in.
- The add-in will now be installed and a new tab ‘Lexeri’ added to the Word toolbar
Installation via Microsoft AppSource
Alternatively, you can install the Office add-in via Microsoft AppSource. You can find the Lexeri add-in here: https://appsource.microsoft.com/de-de/product/office/WA200003438?src=office&tab=Overview
After installation, you can check Word, PowerPoint or Excel documents directly for correct terminology. To check the open document:
- Open the ‘Lexeri’ tab.
- Click on ‘Term Checks’
- The Lexeri add-in will open in the sidebar
- Click on ‘Check Document’.
If you are not yet logged in, you will be asked to log in with your login details and then you can select a termbase and the language of the document.
Next, the document is uploaded to Lexeri and analysed, and the terms found are listed.
Now you can expand the individual terms and view the usage hints and the occurrences of the term in the text. The relevant sentence can also be highlighted in the document (this function is unfortunately not supported in PowerPoint).